Applying Analysis Tools in Planning for Operations
More and more, transportation system operators are seeing the benefits of strengthening technical links between planning and operations. A critical element in improving transportation decision-making related to operations and planning is through the use of improved analysis tools to model operations strategies in the planning process. In this project four case studies were developed that illustrate how utilizing new and innovative analysis tools can advance operational strategies in the planning process.
- Applying Analysis Tools in Planning for Operations (Brochure)
- Case Study #1 - Operations Strategy Impact Reference and Deployment Guidance
- Case Study #2 - Incorporating Highway Capacity Manual Procedures into Long-Range Transportation Planning
- Case Study #3 - Using Archived Data As a Tool for Operations Planning
- Case Study #4 - Application of Microsimulation in Combination With Travel Demand Models
For more information, please contact Wayne Berman at Wayne.Berman@dot.gov.
To view Excel files, you will need the Microsoft Excel Viewer.